Sunday, August 28, 2011

Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple - May Continue as chairman..


The Legend,the visionary,the innovator,yes we are talking about Steve Jobs without which the computing and mobile technology wouldn’t have been the same.Though i am not a Apple fan,i always had immense respect for him and his quality products that always set a benchmark for others. If it wasn’t for him,I’d like to believe that we wouldn’t have had all the beautiful fonts and icons that we have in modern day GUI.If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t be holding smart phones that are so smart and millions of hands wouldn’t be holding something as the intuitive and amazing as the iPad. As a tech lover and observer of latest technology trends i have immense respect for Mr. Jobs and his contribution to the tech world as a whole.We all know he had to go some or the other day,but this isn’t the exact choosen time he might have planned it would be,its just that his health has given up,as we all known he had been fighting pancreas cancer since 2004, Liver transplantation in 2009 and more that he just wants to keep personal.We appreciate his effort and dedication and his never giving up attitude despite all the pitfalls.
Today in a personal letter to the Board of directors of Apple Jobs said
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.
I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
Steve
This however has left Apple fans and tech lovers across the world in a Poignant state,as they fear that apple may loose the unique taste of  Jobs,but we belive his role as a chair person will still reflect in the products of Apple.Steve recommends Tim Cooks as his successor who is believed to be a Steve Jobs clone,both in taste and leadership,well lets leave that for time to decide,and we congratulate him for the succession. But we will surely miss his wonderful keynotes and sarcastic jokes on Microsoft,and we thank him for his immense contribution to tech world and wish him a better health for rest of the life he leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment